Ten strange facts about Ambien
Zolpidem has been serving by the doctor for the treatment of Insomnia since 1992. Now, the question arrives, is Ambien a safe drug? There are lots of studies and researches are done that indicates the bizarre outcomes of Ambien. However, do these outcomes appear in the short-term consumption too? The answer is no; Ambien is entirely safe in the short-term consumption if you run the treatment as per the guidelines.
Do you know?
Ambien was the 50th most directed medication in the USA, with nearly 15 million prescriptions.
General information about Ambien
Ambien is a potent medication that should only be used when the doctor directs. The doctor approves it for short-term usage. It may show the adverse effects in the long term manner. Therefore, follow the guidelines during the treatment. The dosage of Ambien in males and females varies due to different health statuses. The dosage in females begins with Ambien 5mg whereas, in males, it initiates with the Ambien 10mg. Hence, meet the doctor to get your suitable dosage.
Drowsiness with Ambien dosage-
- FDA has proved that this medication can cause dizziness and drowsiness at the initial stage of the treatment.
- These effects occur as it contains the sedative properties that make you drowsy.
- FDA says sufferers should avoid the next day’s activities after taking Ambien XR that require mental alertness, such as operating machinery and driving.
connections between hallucination and Ambien-
- Hallucination with Ambien is common during the treatment and may persist from 1 hour to 7 hours.
- Therefore, after taking the Ambien dosage, take enough sleep to avoid such conflicts.
- Hallucinations are more likely to occur when you take Ambien with antidepressants like sertraline and fluoxetine.
- Hence, if you are under the treatment of any such medication so must disclose it to the doctor. The doctor may alter the treatment and may let you assign different medications.
cancer and death with Ambien-
- Several studies demonstrate that the consumption of Ambien contributes to an increased risk of cancer and death.
- This life-endangering impact can also be seen with sleeping pills. Therefore, use such medication as directed by the doctor for a limited duration.
- This connection appeared in the patients who took less than 18 dosages over a year of Ambien or other sleeping medications.
- Hence, sleeping pills should only be used when the necessity arises; otherwise, avoid them.
Not safe in long term manner-
- The doctor directs Ambien for short-term use, such as 2 to 3 weeks under guidelines.
- In long term manner, the side effects of Ambien might occur on a scale from moderate to severe.
- Therefore, before reaching under then therapy, meet the doctor to know about your adequate treatment duration.
- However, the doctor may increase the treatment duration if the necessity arises to do so.
Recommended age to use Ambien-
- There is a prescribed age to use the Ambien dosage, i.e., 18 years.
- One should not be less than the recommended age; otherwise, one may fall under the Ambien side effects.
- Several side effects may appear in the children, such as severe hallucination, irregular heartbeat, and unconscious mindset.
- If you have taken this medication so, seek the medical emergency immediately rather than waiting for Ambien withdrawal.
Emergency room and Ambien associated calls-
- Drug controller administration received 12% of calls related to zolpidem misuse from 2009 to 2011.
- 21% of patients were older than 65 years.
- Hence, never take the overdose of Ambien as it can lead to severe outcomes.
- And read the precautions and warning section carefully.
Enough sleep after the dosage-
- Taking the 8 hours of sleep after taking this medication is mandatory.
- If you don’t have enough time to take the prescribed sleep, you have to wake up early, so don’t take it.
- If you wake up without taking enough sleep so you may find the challenges in next-day activities that require mental alertness.
Other severe side effects of Ambien-
- The consumer of Ambien dosage, especially older adults, is more prone to encounter zolpidem’s side effects.
- The side effects may include moderate to severe memory impairment, agitation, delirium, and night wandering.
- Notable, research from Taiwan leads that sufferer who takes the Ambien dosage for more than a year are more likely to fall under the Alzheimer’s disease.
- Therefore, be stick to the prescribed treatment duration for favorable results.
Upper respiratory infections with Ambien
- Sufferers who are taking alprazolam daily are more likely to have upper respiratory problems.
- The problems can be sore throat, ear infection, along with high chances of pneumonia.
- Hence, run the treatment on the directed guidelines to avoid the risk of falling under such effects.
compromised driving and car accidents
- Taking the 8 hours of enough sleep after the Ambien dosage, 15% female and 3% male still had enough Ambien properties in active motion.
- These enough properties of Ambien have potent to impair the driving ability of the sufferers.
- A study by South Korea proves that having zolpidem for falling asleep showed an increased danger of fatal motor car accidents.
- Hence, avoid the activities that demand mental alertness after taking the Ambien dosage.